Energy Saving Tips for the Summer
Hi, this is John, of Quinn’s Plumbing Heating Cooling, with a few energy saving tips that can help you stay cool and save money during the hot and humid season.
Once summer starts, many homeowners tend to crank up their air conditioning, without considering more energy-efficient alternatives to keep their homes cool.
Here are some ways to get that done while saving money.
- Check or change your air filters regularly to makes sure the air conditioning system is running optimally. Clogged filters will force the air conditioning system to work harder and use more energy. Clean filters also improve indoor air quality.
- Use a programmable thermostat to automatically control your home’s temperature, set higher for when you leave the house, and lower for when you get back home. If your home is currently not equipped with some of the new programmable thermostats, check into replacing your old equipment. Often, a small investment will generate significant savings and pay for themselves very quickly.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to about 120 °F. This temperature is fine for all household needs and will save you money.
- Schedule an air conditioner tune-up. Proper HVAC maintenance, which includes cleaning coils, ﬁns and air ﬁlters and maintaining proper refrigerant levels, is key to a unit’s eﬃciency.
- Use lighting controls, like motion sensors and timers to automatically turn both outdoor and indoor lights on and off. Because it’s easy to forget that lights especially outdoor ones are left on they waste energy. Also controlling lights bolsters the security of your home.
Of course, if you have any questions or need any help – whether big or small –Quinn’s is proud to serve you at 610-376-6001 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Wishing you a better than great summer!